Chris is a South African who has been in South Korea for 14 years. He has a Degree in Biochemistry from Stellenbosch University, and a MA in English Education from Dankook University. He and his partner Roddy Bancroft opened Braai Republic, a South African style restaurant in the heart of Seoul, Itaewon in 2011. The restaurant quickly became the South African hangout in Korea. In 2015 the two restaurateurs opened their second restaurant in Pyeongtaek, where they introduced South African food to American soldiers serving at Camp Humphreys Army base. In 2017 the business incorporated as Braai Republic Food. Cuyler Meyer joined the company in 2018 as CFO. In 2019 they opened their third store in Hongdae , called Pie Republic.
- Safari guide at Umkulu Adventures, South Africa
- Lecturer at Seoul Women’s University, Seoul
- Lecturer at Dankook University, Gyeongi-do
- Restaurateur at Braai Republic Food
- University of Stellenbosch (B.Sc. 1997)
- Dankook University (MA Tesol, 2013)