Justin Harvey is a South African born business owner and entrepreneur in Seoul. Justin runs Shin Medical, a medical tourism business in Korea, facilitating international patients coming to Korea for medial procedures. He also manages an online marketing platform, ‘MyGuideSeoul’ providing visitors to Korea with local tips and suggestions on activities.
Justin graduated from the University of Pretoria in 2014 and moved to Korea in 2015. Justin started out in Korea as a teacher and after receiving his F2 visa via the points system in 2018, he moved into the alcohol industry as the Brand Ambassador for the South African sparkling wine, Bernini.
Justin occasionally works in the entertainment industry and has worked on Korean Television, Radio and film and has appeared in numerous television advertisements. Justin has worked with the South African embassy at various Wine and liquor expos to help promote the SA wine industry.
Justin recently joined the SA chamber of commerce as the events coordinator and hopes to drive exciting new initiatives that will help promote business and trade between SA and Korea.
“South Africans and Koreans have so much to learn from each other and I’m excited to be a part of the economic development of both my home and adopted country.”
- Korean tourism industry
- Alcohol market trends
- Communication/Public Speaking
- Event planning/Management
- University of Pretoria (BA Law)
- University of Pretoria (LLB)
- Coordinated and assisted the planning and execution of all Bernini Marketing events including festivals in Seokcho, Busan and Seoul.
- Worked with Korean and South African companies to identify and maximize potential business opportunities by running promotional events based on market trends.
- Built and maintain close relationships with business owners in the service industry all across Seoul.
- South African representative on shows such as ‘Welcome, first time in Korea’ and ‘Korean-foreigners’ promoting South Africa to a larger Korean Audience and also promoting life in Korea to South Africans back home.
- Role in 2020’s upcoming film ‘Mount Baekdu’
- Weekly Guest on TBS and EBS radio discussing history, culture and life in Korea.
English, Afrikaans, Korean (fluent), Zulu (Basic)