Tobias Jerling is a South African and a business owner in South Korea. He moved to Korea in 2009 and started a wine import and distribution company called South Trade in 2011. Tobias is one of the founding members of the South African Chamber of commerce (SAFCHAM). Tobias has been active in the expat community in the planning and sponsoring of corporate events and chamber events.In 2014 Tobias expanded into to the hospitality industry and currently owns a few restaurants and pubs around the city.
“ I believe South Africa has a lot to offer South Korea as a trading partner and I would personally like to be part of promoting SA and it’s products and people to South Korea. The end goal being expanding trade and eventually focusing on a free trade agreement with South Korea.”
- Import export procedures
- Distribution channel and planning
- Market trends
BComm Degree Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- 12 years experience in logistics field in South Africa and South Korea and Vietnam , setting up distribution channels and planning
- 9 years experience in wine industry of South Africa, Product sourcing, hosting tastings and promoting SA wines at exhibitions and wine shows.
- 9 years experience in Korean food and beverage market , negotiations and analyzing market trends.
- 5 years experience in hospitality industry in Korea, main focuses are real estate consulting and negotiating , product sourcing and supplier negotiations and customer service.
English, Afrikaans, entry level Korean